Terms and Conditions
Please review the following terms and conditions for entry into the Paygo Payment service.
View Printable PDF
By confirming agreement, you consent to the following terms of service and mutual promises:
- Townsend Energy will bill Customer once a month for fuel consumed during the previous billing period, as estimated by Townsend Energy using its degree day system, at the price printed on the delivery ticket on the day those gallons were delivered. Customer agrees to pay based on Townsend Energy’s credit terms.
- Once Customer is enrolled, Paygo billing will start after the next tank fill-up. Any fuel already in the Customer’s tank at the time of the first Paygo fill-up will be designated as the “starting fuel amount.” Paygo will bill Customer first for any Paygo gallons delivered. In the event that customer’s usage exceeds Paygo gallons delivered, Customer will not be billed for fuel drawn from the starting fuel amount
- Customer agrees and understands that he/she is ultimately obligated to pay for all the fuel that has been delivered, in accordance with Townsend Energy’s delivery ticket(s).
- Customer may cancel Paygo service at any time. However, in this event, or in the event that Customer discontinues purchasing fuel from Townsend Energy, Customer understands and agrees that he/she will be responsible for paying for the fuel which has been delivered but has not yet been paid for— “the ending fuel balance”—whether or not that fuel has been billed prior to cancellation of service. Such payment is due within 15 days. In no event will the Customer be charged for more gallons than have been delivered by Townsend Energy. Customer may not ask Townsend Energy to pump out fuel from their tank in lieu of payment.
- Your delivery prices and your estimated consumption will be included on your monthly statement for the applicable period and are also available by contacting one of our customer service representatives.
- In order to ensure the accuracy of your bills, Townsend Energy will regularly reconcile the gallons delivered according to Customer’s delivery tickets with the gallons estimated to have been consumed. This is called a usage adjustment, and typically occurs after each fill up. Your account balance will be adjusted accordingly. If there is a discrepancy between the estimate and the delivery ticket, the delivery ticket as calculated by the truck meter shall prevail as it is certified and regulated by the laws of the state where delivery is made and an adjustment will be made to Customer’s invoice.
- . In the event of a dispute regarding the estimated consumption and such dispute is not immediately resolved following Customer’s notification of a Townsend Energy customer service representative, Townsend Energy may dispatch a representative to Customer’s residence or building to investigate the tank level. Townsend Energy will then adjust the billing amount accordingly. If the dispute remains unresolved following a visit by a Townsend Energy representative. Customer agrees to pay for all previously delivered but unbilled gallons within fifteen (15) days of receipt of a new invoice, in addition to any other outstanding balances.
- Townsend Energy retains the right to discontinue Paygo service to any enrolled Customer due to operational or technical limitations as Townsend Energy may determine in its sole discretion. Customer agrees to pay for all previously delivered but unbilled gallons within fifteen (15) days of receipt of a new invoice, in addition to any other outstanding balances.
- Any late payment(s) are subject to a finance charge of 1½% per month until the account is paid in full. Customer understands that late payment or non-payment may, at Townsend Energy’s sole discretion, result in cancellation of Paygo service.
- Paygo is only available to Customers who get all of their fuel exclusively from Townsend Energy. Customers must be enrolled in automatic delivery with Townsend Energy and meet minimum gallon requirements per year. The Paygo service will continue until either Townsend Energy or Customer provides notice of cancellation to the other party. Customer agrees to notify Townsend Energy by phoning a customer service representative.
- Paygo is only available to homeowners of the residence receiving the fuel. Renters will not be allowed to enroll in Paygo. Customers enrolled in Paygo may participate in one of Townsend Energy’s price protection programs. If such a program is selected by Customer, the price and terms of that program shall be separately agreed to in writing by Customer and Townsend Energy. If Customer is paying under our payment plan, the cost of the fuel delivered, which would be applied against Customer’s monthly payments, would be calculated on the basis above.
- Unless Townsend Energy has established its ownership of Customer’s fuel tank via a separate written agreement, nothing in this agreement shall be taken to mean that Paygo or Townsend Energy is assuming ownership of Customer’s tank, heating equipment or fuel in the tank. Customer is solely liable for any environmental or related costs or fines resulting from a fuel release in his/her home or building unless such cost or fine is caused by Townsend Energy’s negligence or reckless conduct.
I agree to comply with the above terms and want to enroll in Townsend Energy Paygo service: